Friday, August 21, 2009

jolly good penguin

have you ever wondered why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica? where do they go?
it is a well-known fact that the penguin is a very ritualistic bird, living an extremely ordered and complex life ... the penguin is very committed to its family and mates for life, as well as maintaining a form of compassionate contact with its offspring throughout its life ... when a penguin is found dead on the ice surface, members of its family and social circle have been known to dig a hole in the ice, using their vestigial wings and beaks, until the hole is deep enough for the dead bird to be placed for burial ... the male penguins then gather in a circle around the freshly dug grave and sing:
"freeze a jolly good fellow"
and then they kick him in the ice hole

this post was brought to you by one of my odd email buddies

4 comments:

  1. You owe me for a new keyboard...I was drinking coffee when I read this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Have you ever wondered why there are no dead penguins on the ice in Antarctica?" WHAT? I quit doing those kinds of drugs back in the early '70s! ROFLOL! (Funny post though! I can always count on you!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG....I think I might be a penguin disguised as a woman...you described me to a T....LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Boy you had me beck, vestigial wings and sinker. Let me look back and see what time you posted that.... 19:00 well, I have to just scratch my head and wonder - mostly laugh.

    ReplyDelete