Friday, January 4, 2013

Awesome!

waaaay back in september of 2010 i posted about a quilt that i wanted to make for Thanksgiving  (you can read about it here) ...  (and you can read more about it about here) ... most of the fabric that i decided to use was the 
Awesome! 
line by Sandy Gervais... 

the Economy had tanked and i found myself deep in Financial Kimchi, so i was spending a LOT of time communicating with a home refinance officer whose favorite word was 
Awesome! 
or Ruh Roh - depending on whether the news was good or bad...

it was easier to forget the Ruh Roh stuff if i kept busy with the Awesome stuff - planning, redesigning, tracing, stitching, drawing and redrawing, drafting and paper-piecing, embroidering, adding and subtracting, multiplying and dividing, cutting and piecing ... and ... well ... all the stuff that goes with making a quilt my own... 

fast forward to december 28, 2012...

i placed the last few stitches of binding and took out the leftover paper-pieced acorn that i had saved for a naming block ... and gave my quilt a new name ... here is Awesome!
Awesome!
this is how it was supposed to look...
Liz Bowman (Milan, Michigan) worked her longarm quilting magick on it ... she did NOT disappoint, lemmetellya...
wind swirling and leaves - just like i asked!!!
my dream home - complete with flamingos and a dragon weather vane
and my dream truck
i don't think that i could be happier with this quilt ... cuz it is Awesome!

11 comments:

  1. Oh wowsers......it is more than awesome.....it is stupendous! amazing! just fantabulous!!!! Can you tell I like it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love how you've made this quilt your own Dianne! It's gorgeous!
    And I love that you finished it :)
    I'm most of the way done with the first panel and it now sits in a bin waiting for me to get back to it....lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would say that your quilt is a Dianne original---with a few borrowed embroidered panels! It really is awesome---puts the original way back in the shade/ I have a log cabin "Harvest" wall hanging in similar colours that you might have just inspired me to finish.....
    And for your next act??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful! Or should I say AWESOME!!! You and Liz make a GREAT team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on an Awesome Finish!! It's wonderful! I agree with Molly....yours is much better than the original. You must be a math whiz!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, you took the word right out of my mouth--AWESOME! It's really spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Very cool Dianne! I'm thinking you've chosen the perfect name for your quilt too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your story behind this AWESOME quilt. Thanks for sharing something the is so uniquely you - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh WOW to the infinity!!!! This is the most fantabulous quilt! Hugs hugs hugs hugs to this masterpiece and to you! I'm gonna post this on my Pinterest if you don't mind. If you do mind plz let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good heavens. It's wonderful. I love the acorns particularly. And all the autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete