Monday, July 6, 2009

bip bop boom

i was wandering around Hobby Lobby in january, looking for something to give NoJo for his eighth birthday, and i found this...
...NoJo had already told me what he wanted ... i have no idea what it was or whether or not i gave it to him - his favorite gifts seem to be money and gift cards and that makes a lot of sense to me ... and it was not a moon in his room ... so i passed it by ... i wandered off to the yarn ... and to the fabric ... and to the scrap booking stuff ... but i kept returning to the moon in my room aisle ... till i realized that the person who needed the moon in her room was me ... the Hobby Lobby 40% off coupon was burning a hole in my pocket and i could have a way cool moon shining in my room anytime i wanted...
...actually it isn't in my room, it's in the family room (above the quilting frame that i cropped out of the picture on accounta it's so ugly) ... is that not the coolest thing?!? it has a remote control that turns it on and off and cycles through the different phases of the moon...

it is so cool, in fact, that i gave one to Corbadoo for his third birthday on june 3rd (he was supposed to be born on june 6th, but his angels were looking out for him and had him come three days early so he wouldn't be a 6-6-6 baby)...
... he was pretty excited after his Auntia put the batteries in his moon and took him to the basement so he could see it shining brightly ...... like the real moon is tonight...

...the last time i was in Hobby Lobby they had an entire self-contained solar system that hangs from the ceiling and the planets orbit around the sun which glows without being connected to an electrical source because it is battery-powered and it is 42 inches wide and is so way cool that i almost bought it ...... but then i saw the look on Auntia's face and heard her muttering where we were gonna put it and don't you have enough toys and then she made a fist and said something about to the moon, Alice ... bip bop boom ...... and so i left it there ...... till i have another 40% off coupon and she isn't with me and i can hide it in the basement and she won't know anything about it till it's too late to take it back

3 comments:

  1. What fun! full moon tonight too! we will probably all start counting the hairs on the palms of our hands tonight........

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you found me and I you. I would be so sad if I couldn't make this work. Your post is nice and as always I love what you have to say and how you say it. I am still in the process of figuring out linking to your post as I did on blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We adults NEED our toys too! Just remember what I said about the glow-in-the-dark stars, though, okay?

    ReplyDelete