Thursday, October 28, 2010

Parthenocissus quinquefolia and Gleditsia triacanthos

it has been cold and frosty the past few days ... and windy ... so most of the leaves have fallen to the ground and then back up again on accounta when it is windy it is really windy ... and when i look out my front door i don't see this anymore...keep , keep bleeding leaves
my across-the-street-neighbor let a virginia creeper grow up his honey locust tree ... the vine turns a brilliant blood red amidst the chartreuse leaves of the tree when autumn comes around...
it looks like the tree is bleeding out ... and that makes the only words that i remember to Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis start playing inside my head ... on auto-repeat

you cut me open and i
keep bleeding
keep, keep bleeding love
i keep bleeding

i keep, keep bleeding love

keep bleeding

keep, keep bleeding love

you cut me open


it has been ... distracting

3 comments:

  1. I love seeing Virginia Creepers through trees. We are training one at the moment and it's just turned the most stunning red

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that song, but I'm like you...once it gets into my head, it stays there, for days and even weeks sometimes. There is also a Kanye West song that does that to me...lol AHHHHH

    Oh and the Virginia Creeper is pretty, but it kind of grosses me out at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a big tree! Germans have a word for a song or tune that keeps going round and round in your head - "earworm".

    ReplyDelete