Thursday, February 2, 2017

hand me down

it was Cyber Monday...
there was a cyber sale at a cyber site
 on air fryers... 
and i bought one... 
a glossy black air fryer that sat on one of the kitchen counters and collected dust when it wasn't frying french fries or egg rolls... 
so i decided that it needed a cover... 
i found the box labeled "kitchen appliance covers" in the Great Pile of Stuff
looked over the patterns and decided the one that might fit it was the same pattern that i'd used for the Monster in the Kitchen...
just to be sure, i slipped the Monster's cover off...
 slid it over the top of the air fryer...
and it fit! 
woo hoo! 
so i tugged the cover back over the Monster...
and grumbled about it being a bit too tight and a lot too short...
and had a light bulb moment...
if i was gonna make a new cover, why not make it for the Monster?!? 
and make it FIT this time?!?
so i did...
i made a little mat with a tab on it so i can slide the Monster out from the corner without it screeching like a banshee... 
and made the pockets a little taller so they don't sag with the weight of the paddle and the dough hook...

the air fryer is wearing the Monster's hand me down cover...
and the little mat was such an improvement that i used up all the rest of the quilted fabric making little slider mats for the blender
 and the air fryer
 and the food processor...

and everything was hunky dory... 

till Michael Myson gave me a waffle maker for Christmas... 
a glossy black waffle maker that collects dust when it's not making waffles...

sigh...

anywho...

someone celebrated a birthday this week...
which meant that Melissa baked someone's favorite little muffins...
and since the oven was already hot, someone baked herself a LXVth birthday cake...
and it was SO GOOD!!!

The longer I live the more beautiful life becomes.
Frank Lloyd Wright

4 comments:

  1. Happy birthday wishes to that anonymous 'someone'......I hope she had a lovely day, and continues to have more! I wouldn't have thought you were a day over XXXV. Well done on the new Monster cover, give yourself a pat on the back from me.

    ReplyDelete

  2. You're so clever it brings tears to my eyes! A monster that lives on the pantry floor here where it gathers dust, uncovered, has to be wrestled to the kitchen counter when "someone" gets a hankering to bake, birthday or no. Happy LXVth. b'day! May you only get cleverer as the years roll onwards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHA! You are another '52 baby! No wonder I love you - all my besties are '52 babies! Happy, happy day and year! Grand idea about a new cover for the Monster, and all those mats. My Monster lurks on top of the refrigerator. I consider it my daily workout when she comes down. (There is no counter space in my tiny kitchen...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I am DyInG over here over those muffins!!! Low cal I'm sure for the birthday mama right? Calories don't count on your birthday I've been told (or maybe it's wishful thinking on my part) anyhoo, I hope your day was fab, just like you!!!

    ReplyDelete