Tuesday, July 29, 2014

drumroll, please

introducing...
Clifford ... the Big Red Couch

i dragged the duct-taped-cushionless-stained-ripped-and-torn Queen Anne chair that i bought at a neighbor's garage sale for $25 eighteen years ago to the curb yesterday... 

and the OldManLeatherChair donated by a neighbor who didn't want to pay extra for the trash guy to haul it away will be moving on to shaggier carpet in a few days... 

we haven't owned a couch in a gazillion years... 

and for the first time in her Life, Auntia sat upon a brand spanking new piece of furniture... 

woo hootie hoo!!!


So, I'm lying on the couch and Laura walks in and I say
 "Free at last" 
and she says,
 'You're free all right, you're free to do the dishes' 
So I say,"You're talking to the former President, baby' 
and she says,
'Consider this your new domestic policy agenda'
George W. Bush

4 comments:

  1. I love the big red couch!! How fun. Be watching your mail this week too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how flash is that! I'm sure Clifford would love a big red couch.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clifford is beeeeyouteeful!!! Now he needs a pretty new red quilt to keep him comfy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How can I NOT comment on a RED couch! It looks so comfy, I bet that it's hard to get up once seated!
    But labeled : "impulse buying"?? I buy a bag of candy or a discounted dress/shoes on an impulse, but never ever a big red couch LOL

    ReplyDelete