Wednesday, July 13, 2016

stomp stomp

i'm not a fan of the stitch and flip method of piecing because when i try to do it i am so lazy and sloppy imprecise, especially when the flipping is an itty-bitty square that makes a ittier-bittier triangle... 
i usually draft those types of blocks so i can paper-piece them...

and after i draft them, i hafta test them...

when i needed to test a quarter-sized paper-pieced draft of the Quilted Legends of the West by Judy Zehner and Kim Mosher Plains Buffalo before i make the REAL one for yet another WIP i got this...
goin' up to the Spirit in the Sky

those mountains were crying out for a white buffalo to come stomping across them...

 i spread out the pieces that i have so far...
some cohesion might be nice
and realized that my White Buffalo quilt is becoming a Buffalo Buffalo quilt...

that being said, i'm gonna need a lot more buffalo...

when i found this at the Colorado Row by Row site, i decided that i HAD to go to the Golden Quilt Company and get the free pattern...

and after i finish watering the grass bleck and moving around the dust bleck and scrubbing sinks bleck i'm gonna work on building up my herd...

i'm linking up to WIPs with Friends at Mama Spark's World

It is not so much that Man is a herd animal, said Freud, but that he is a horde animal led by a chief.
Ernest Becker

5 comments:

  1. Those buffalo in the Row by Row will fit in perfectly!! I may need some in my life too. I missed who this Buffalo quilt is for...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant! How clever is that......a buffalo quilt with a spirit buffalo! Now you have me humming, going up to the spirit in the sky......gonna be there when I die.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow -- that paper pieced buffalo is VERY clever! I'm just the opposite of you -- paper piecing is WAY too hard for me!!! Those buffalos are going together great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always go wrong with paperpiecing...:( but your Buffalo rocks! And like Jennifer: the song s in my head now......

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very timely, considering that the bison was designated our National Mammal in May. Love me some Bison too. Don't know why, but Bucky Bison was the mascot of Bucknell University in Lewsiburg, PA... where I went to college... back when you could get student grants. Needless to say, I'm enjoying watching your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete