Monday, February 29, 2016

upgrade

Auntia wanted a new scarf to go with her new plaid jacket...

a new crocheted scarf...

a fancy shmancy new crocheted scarf...

and she wanted it before the end of winter...

when she showed me a picture of the fancy shmancy new crocheted scarf that she wanted before the end of winter 
i rolled my eyes and shrugged...

so she made it herself...
not for beginners, nosiree!!!

she is now officially upgraded from beginner to intermediate crochet skill level in the World According to Me...

Auntia adapted the pattern Liffy in a Jiffy from the book Contemporary Celtic Crochet by Bonnie Barker and used Glacier Lion Brand Heartland yarn...

and when i told her that i'm waiting for her to make a  fancy shmancy new crocheted scarf  before the end of winter for me
she rolled her eyes and shrugged...

People seldom do things to the best of their ability. They do things to the best of their willingness.
anonymous

4 comments:

  1. Www.mamatquilts.blogspot.comFebruary 29, 2016 at 11:00 AM

    The rolling of the eyes reined my of the book "The Wild Thimgs". Just found it in our 30 year old stash of kids books and read it to Nola. She loved it. The scarf is beautiful. Mi hope she makes you one ....before winter is over!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, isn't that gorgeous! Next time there is an eye roll and a shrug perhaps you could gently remind Auntia that you once taught her to use the potty......

    ReplyDelete
  3. And you probably taught her how to do the eyeroll too...

    The scarf is lovely! Auntia has definitely graduated to intermediate. You two amaze me. I haven't crocheted since college, and am ashamed to admit that I don't remember how to double crochet. Course, if I looked at directions, that might change...

    Stay warm! Spring is coming! My crocuses are blooming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girl has been busy -- and it's gorgeous! I love the cable-ing effect!!!

    ReplyDelete