Sunday, January 31, 2016

numb3rs

and the numbers for Eight Squared are as follows:

3264 separate pieces of fabric for each rose
plus 49 setting squares for the middle
plus 28 setting triangles for the sides, top and bottom
plus 4 setting triangles for the corners
for a grand total of 3345 pieces - not including the borders

the paper-pieced rose pattern can be found here

and the numbers for me are as follows:
2 to the sixth
which is 4 to the third
which is 8 to the second
which is 1 times 64
which is 2 times 32
which is 4 times 16
which is 64 free trips around the sun
which is 23,360 days, not including Leap Years
which is 560,640 hours give or take 384
which is 33,638,400 minutes give or take 23,040
which is 2,018,304,000 seconds give or take 1,382,400

which makes me a billionaire twice over...


When I get older losing my hair, 
Many years from now. 
Will you still be sending me a Valentine 
Birthday greetings bottle of wine. 

If I'd been out till quarter to three 
Would you lock the door, 
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, 
When I'm sixty-four 
You'll be older too, 
And if you say the word, 
I could stay with you. 
I could be handy, mending a fuse 
When your lights have gone. 
You can knit a sweater by the fireside 
Sunday morning go for a ride, 
Doing the garden, digging the weeds, 
Who could ask for more?
Will you still need me, will you still feed me, 
When I'm sixty-four 
Every summer we can rent a cottage, 
In the Isle of Wight, if it's not too dear 
We shall scrimp and save 
Grandchildren on your knee 
Vera, Chuck and Dave 
Send me a postcard, drop me a line 
Stating point of view 
Indicate precisely what you mean to say 
Yours sincerely, wasting away 
Give me your answer, fill in a form 
Mine for evermore 
Will you still need me, will you still feed me. 
When I'm sixty-four
John Lennon and Paul McCartney

1 comment:

  1. Love your numbers Dianne --- choke, gasp! How long did it take you, start to finish?

    ReplyDelete