Wednesday, November 27, 2013

we wants it ... we needs it....

must have the precious...

i have wanted this quilt for ... well ... for forever...
Autumn Eyes - NOT made by me
i bought the pattern when it first came out in ... er ... i dunno when ... but it's been a loooong time...

i read the instructions and started looking for the fabrics

and read the instructions again

and knew that i didn't really understand what the heck it was saying
and that i didn't have the Mad Machine Applique Skills that i would need to make it even if i DID understand

and tried to sign up for a *class at The Quilt Store
*that the owners had the good sense to cancel it before it even started

and i gave up on EVER finding all the fabric

or understanding the instructions

or gaining the Mad Machine Applique Skills

and resigned myself to another Unfulfilled Wish...

until i got up the nerve to ask if the shop sample was EVER gonna be for sale and was told

Why, yes, as a matter of fact it WILL be. Would you like me to put your name on it?

to which i replied

 YES, i would like you to put my name on it!!! How many pennies do i need to save to buy it?!?

Oh, well. I think that $85 is the lowest we can go.

i gasped ... and she said

Really. $85 is a fair price.

and i gasped some more ... i KNEW that the kit was more than $60 and the thread kit was another $20 ... i was about to hyperventilate at the thought of owning this awesome bear and not having to beat myself up over not having the skill to make it myself!!!
so i just nodded my head and squeaked out

When?!? When may i take him home?!?

and the poor woman climbed the shop's ladder, unpinned him from the wall, and stood back as i stood there clutching my treasure ... he's MINE!!!

It came to me, my own, my love ... my precioussssssss.
Smeagol

7 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOoooooo you are a lucksey Hobbbiits to get the preciousssss. Kiss him on the nose for me. Loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, isn't he gorgeous! So you did the shop owner a favour, and yourself too.....and you saved money.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what happened to Gollem in the end! don't get tó attatched :)
    And you're right: you would go mad trying to sew it yourself. I know I would! You got it at a bargain price now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lucky girl you are! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'm ashamed of you. That's the sort of thing that I would do.

    So glad for you, though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha -- Isabelle's comment cracked me up! Good for you -- he's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories with a "happily-ever-after ending...

    ReplyDelete